Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn How Bioidentical Hormones Treat Age Related Conditions and Other Hormone Related Symptoms
Milwaukee Bioidentical Hormones Doctors use expert Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs to help patients overcome conditions related to hormonal decline. Because hormones control a wide number of functions in the human body and help people to maintain health and wellness, hormonal imbalances can lead to countless ailments.
Numerous conditions and their associated symptoms can be alleviated through balancing hormones. Milwaukee Bioidential Hormones specialists have ample expertise in helping men and women in the areas of Milwaukee, Racine, and Waukesha to overcome conditions that are related to aging, stress, and autoimmune disorders.
Age Related Syndromes & Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Both men and women experience age related syndromes that are brought on with hormonal decline. For men, male andropause is the time during which men experience a deep decline in testosterone production. Throughout a man’s 30’s, testosterone begins to decrease by around one percent each year, and when he hits his 40’s or 50’s, testosterone levels can dramatically fall. Reduced levels of testosterone can create symptoms such as hair loss on the head, under the arms, or on the groin, erectile dysfunction, muscle atrophy, decreased athletic performances, mood changes, low libido, increased abdominal fat, and insomnia. Men can replace deficient hormones with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and reduce the symptoms of age related hormone decline.
- Is the first stage of hormone decline that women often experience, and it tends to begin in the mid to late thirties. Perimenopause is the time before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone, and this phase can last anywhere from three to ten years. Symptoms of perimenopause may include dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, irregular periods, acne, water retention, bloating, anovulation, fatigue, increased PMS symptoms, migraines, and mood swings.
- Is the phase that occurs after perimenopause, and it officially begins after a woman has not menstruated for twelve consecutive months. When menopause begins, the ovaries cannot make enough estrogen and progesterone, and women are no longer fertile. The lack of hormones can lead women to experience symptoms that include vaginal dryness, night sweats, hot flashes, fatigue, weight gain, insomnia, low libido, depression, anxiety, and thinning bones. Replenishing hormones with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help women to restore balance and improve overall levels of health.
Bioidentical Hormones For Autoimmune Disorders & Other Syndromes
Many autoimmune disorders may be improved with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Can be autoimmune disorders that occur in men and women that produce too much or too little thyroid hormone. For patients that cannot produce enough thyroid hormone, hypothyroidism can occur, and this syndrome can lead to symptoms that include sudden weight gain, intolerance to cold, fatigue, irregular periods, depression, and thinning hair. In men and women that produce an excess amount of thyroid hormone, hyperthyroidism can occur, which can cause symptoms that include sudden weight loss, panic attacks, nervousness, bulging eyes, tachycardia, insomnia, increased bowel movements, and intolerance to heat. Because the treatment for hyperthyroidism involves completely stopping the function of the thyroid gland, most people are left with a deficiency. In cases of both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, replenishing thyroid hormone can allow men and women overcome thyroid disorders.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Is manifests with flu like symptoms and mental and physical fatigue, and this syndrome may be exacerbated when the adrenal glands have been exhausted for a long time. When a person is under constant stress, it wears down the immune system and the adrenal glands. Under high amounts of stress, the adrenals excrete cortisol, and eventually, the body begins to convert sex hormones into cortisol in order to meet the body’s demands. While the main symptom is fatigue that lasts more than 24 hours, a person can also experience symptoms that include body aches, a sore throat, muscle pain, mental fogginess, enlarged lymph nodes, headaches, and un-refreshing sleep. Restoring hormones may boost immune function and help to reduce the condition chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Is characterized with widespread body pain, and this condition often occurs in postmenopausal women. Low levels of hormones can increase sensitivity in pain receptors, and for this reason, balancing hormones may help to improve the pain involved in fibromyalgia. Other symptoms of fibromyalgia may include mental fogginess, bowel and bladder issues, headaches, difficulty getting out of bed, tender points, muscle aches and pains, and stiffness. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help patients suffering with fibromyalgia to improve their health and reduce their symptoms.
Adrenal Insufficiencies & Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Because many hormones are produced in the adrenal glands, worn out adrenal glands can lead to hormonal imbalances. Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome occurs when a person encounters excessive amounts of stress for an extended period of time, which causes the adrenal glands to constantly release cortisol, which counteracts the inflammatory effects of stress. This taxes the adrenal glands and prevents them from producing other hormones. This can cause an imbalance of sex hormones, and when this occurs, a person may experience symptoms that include mental and physical fatigue, nervousness, insomnia, headaches, lack of motivation, general malaise, hair loss, difficulty getting up in the morning, and salty food cravings. Replenishing hormones with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help women and men to overcome the symptoms of adrenal fatigue syndrome.
Milwaukee Bioidentical Hormones Doctors can help to improve many conditions associated with hormone imbalances, and they serve patients in the Greater Milwaukee area. If you have any questions, please contact a Bioidentical Hormone Specialist who is more that happy to assist you with an inquiries you may have.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can transform the way you look & feel – for good.
Contact a Greater Milwaukee Bioidentical Hormone Doctor and get back to being you.